She's got a ticket to ride...
Hello, faithful readers! I know you are all desperate to read theEvents of the Weekend:
Cities traveled: 5
Churches toured: 2
Movies watched: 3 (my best friend's wedding, blackball, dr. Strangelove)
People i told about my Hanson obsession: 5
So, i must be getting comfortable if I'm sharing the Hanson thing, right? I think i am. I've spent more time with Stephanie and Anna this weekend(the more conservative girls)s, and I think that both of them will be really good friends throughout this experience. Leslie and I have some really good discussions too, which is nice.
but, I did get a little homesick this week. I talked to sarah and sam through email, and I actually SPOKE to Dan and Hierald on the phone last night! That was definitely nice! I can't wait till i get to see you all again!
So, what did I do this weekend, you ask. Well, friday was another night spent at the student union. That's really a common thing here. They have cheap drinks and pool tables, so it's basically the place to go. I didnt much care for the club here, so i'll probably steer away from that scene from here on out. On Saturday, however, Steph, Anna, Leslie and I got a family pass to take the bus anywhere we wanted to go for the day. So, we hopped on and rode first to Gloucester.
"Now, why would anyone want to go to Gloucester?", you might ask. It is the home of a pretty famous cathedral. a cathedral in which Robert, duke of normandy is buried, along with King Edward the II. Along with those illustrious dwellers, HARRY POTTER WAS FILMED THERE!!!!!!!! Most of the Hogwards corridor scenes took place at the Gloucester Cathedral. It was very breathtakingly beautiful. I took some pictures, which you can find on my website.
We also stopped at several nearby towns including Stroud, the city on a hill. It was also beautiful, and ancient. All in all, a well-spent Saturday. Sunday passed without much ado, i basically relaxed and hung out with friends.
I did laundry yesterday! It is very different then at Messiah or in Harrisburg. I had to wheel my laundry 15 minutes in my suitcase to main campus to do it. What a pain in the ass! Its good to have clean clothes that don't smell like cigarettes or beer (the prevailing smell here). Even when my hair is wet from the shower, i can still smell smoke. Its just another thing to get used to here :)
I talked to Hierald and Dan, Uly, and Mom and Emily this weekend! That was really great - I was feeling a bit homesick. If anyone wants to call me, get Skype! my username is mollygirl. It is really easy to set up and works pretty well. Also, I'm on IM (burkeyquirky) all the time. Contact me!!! I would love to hear from all of you!
British word of the day: digestives (cookies)

1 Comments:
To Molly:
Lovely to hear about your adventures. So glad you could ring me from the trolley. The digestives were right good. Jealousy is now a familiar friend. Give my regards to Harry, should you see him. Ron and I spent holiday together.
Ta ta,
Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home