Me and my park

Events of the day:
15 minute Brisk walks to campus: 0
15 minute Brisk walks into town: 1
Pounds spent at the Tesco (grocery store): 20
Space taken on my fake Ipod: 6.89 gb
Friends Met: 1 (Mike, also known as "Dave Gray")
Well, today I had another rather unproductive day. Yesterday was the first day of class. I was at FCH (francis close hall) from 11:00 to 5:30 pm. Quite a long day. I tried out two different classes: Religion and the Working Class in 19th Century Britin, and Isaiah. Ironically, I hated the first more than the second.
Last night I apparently missed a crazy drinking party. I feel that that may become a theme. I want desperately to be involved with the students here, and the BCA ones too, but I simply can't drink all the time. I've cultivated a good relationship with Andy, my British next door neighbor. He's kind of like the activities coordinator for Merrowdown (my villa) so that's good. He's an awesome kid. I think i'll be involved in a lot, and meet many people through him.
Today I went to Tesco, and bought a lot of groceries. It was productive, but heavy to carry back, that's for sure.
England makes me feel good. I think the fact that I walk at least 30 minutes a day, and have been eating tons of produce and organic foods has been really good for me. I feel healthy. I'm have also been going to bed by like 11:30, and getting enough sleep. I'm waking up naturally, usually before my alarm clock. I have had a lot of social interaction, but also some needed Mollytime.
I've even had some "meditation" time. In my 2 hr break between classes yesterday, I took off on my own and walked around the town. I found a little park with a winding path through it. It was beautifully green with life, and the birds were chirping. I felt very relaxed and content.
I love it here.
British phrase of the day: Flats to Let (Apartments for rent)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home