Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Old El Paso


Events of the Day:

Classes tried today: 2

lively discussions with artsy people regarding postmodernism: 1

Drunk people cared for: 1

Drinks: 4 (wine, bailey's over ice cream, 2 gin & tonics)



well. what a day. it started at 8:30 when BBC woke me up with some silly report on cattle.

Shortly after, I was sitting in an English class entitled "renissance and reformation", when the professor was talking about the final exam. She told us that it was based on the first and second semester of the class. Although it seemed fun, I couldnt take the class because I didn't have last semester. So, at that point, I had attended three classes and decided against 2. On a whim, I decided to try another class, "postmodernism and gender". I'm in love. i have always heard the word "postmodern" ethrown around, but i have never had a clear definition of it. I still don't - postmodernism transcends things such as definitions, i learned today. We're going to watch fight club, and our final is a collage. who can deny such an awesome class?

After getting home, i broke into my old el paso stash. i had refried beans, salsa, and tortillas. You don't understand...this stuff is like gold here. It is rare, and expensive. I would kill for some Adobe.

I took a long nap, and then got ready for clubbing. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. We actually first went out to a french restaurant for dinner, which was delicious. We had an amazing waiter. He asked us what our view of France's relationship with the US was. He was full of "Merci"s "tres bien"s and "parle a francais"s. It was utterly delightful. He told us about his hometown in France, and where to visit if we went there. He was really amazing, as was the food. Then, it was dancing time!

My Analysis of Moda (the Cheltenham Club):

~Boys danced on boys. This does not happen at home.
~My friends drink. A lot.
~Not American Friendly (my credit card doesn't work at Moda. This was discovered after the ordering of three drinks, of which I had already sipped. Leslie got my back).
~ The music mostly sucked. There were a couple of ok songs.
~Never wear heels on the 15 minute walk to the club, 3 hours of dancing, then th 15 minute walk back. I thought I was going to die.
~ this club has a "cheese floor" where they do themes and such. The name is not a lie. Tonight was Grease night. Go greased lightning.

One of the totally wasted BCA students who lives next door forgot his code to his room, so I was mother hen yet again. Its probably a good thing that I'm not a huge drinker - everyone else makes up for me! I'm actually kind of annoyed with the people who get drunk all the time. There are other things to life!! It's especially annoying when people do stupid stuff when they're drinking. Ah well, life goes on.

All in all, a long but interesting day. LEAVE ME COMMENTS!!!!


British words of the day: Tutor (professor) & Module (class period)





2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Molly I love you! You are the craziest, postmodern-loving, salsa-eating gal in the whole world. And I can really say that now because you are in England having multi-cultural experiences.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Um, hello. I'm leaving you comments and you are not posting anything new!!! I need to hear of your exploits. Life in the states is dumb and spongy. Woot woot. Molly rocks. Give us a kiss.

ps. the Vagina Monologues were fantabulous. I wish you could have seen them.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home